Ericsson Q1 op profit lags forecast
STOCKHOLM, April 23
STOCKHOLM, April 23 (Reuters) - Mobile telecom gear maker Ericsson posted sales and first-quarter operating profit below expectations on Wednesday but said recent contracts won by the group would lift sales in the second half of the year.
Earnings before interest and tax were 2.6 billion Swedish crowns ($395 million) compared to 2.1 billion in the year-ago quarter, missing a mean forecast of 3.5 billion in a Reuters poll of analysts.
Sales at Ericsson, the world number one mobile network equipment maker, were 47.5 billion crowns against a forecast of 51.8 billion. The gross margin was 36.5 percent against a mean forecast of 34.0 percent.
Link to full report: r.reuters.com/wyz68v ($1 = 6.5855 Swedish Crowns) (Reporting by Sven Nordenstam)
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |