Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent
SAN FRANCISCO, April 23
SAN FRANCISCO, April 23 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc's mobile advertising business continued to accelerate in the first three months of the year, helping the Internet social networking company top Wall Street's revenue target.
Facebook said that mobile ads represented 59 percent of its ad revenue in the first quarter, up from 30 percent in the year-ago period. Facebook's overall revenue grew 72 percent year-on-year to $2.5 billion in the first quarter, above the $2.36 billion expected by analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- UPDATE 7-Four dead, five injured after plane crashes at Kansas airport