Petra Diamonds reports 55 pct rise in third-quarter revenue
April 23 (Reuters) - Petra Diamonds reported a 55 percent jump in third-quarter revenue helped by the sale of a 29.6 carat blue diamond and strong rough diamond prices.
The diamond miner said third-quarter production rose 15 percent to 743,424 carats, driven by a 34 percent jump in production at its Finsch mine in South Africa.
Revenue for the quarter ended March 31 rose to $163.9 million.
Petra has five producing mines in South Africa and one in Tanzania. (Reporting by Karen Rebelo and Roshni Menon in Bangalore; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking