RPT-Russia says receives Brussels proposal on gas talks
(Repeats with no changes to additional clients)
MOSCOW, April 23 (Reuters) - Russia has received a proposal from European Union Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger for a three-way meeting on gas between Russia, Ukraine and the European Commission, a spokeswoman at the Russian Energy Ministry said on Wednesday.
She said that Moscow will reply later on Wednesday, proposing a date and place for the meeting.
Earlier in the day, Ukrainian Energy Minister Yuri Prodan said in Kiev that ministerial talks could be held in the Slovak capital of Bratislava on Thursday, but the Commission said Oettinger was not expected to attend any talks. (Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin and Lidia Kelly; Writing by Lidia Kelly)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |