Amedisys to pay $150 million for over billing Medicare
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Home healthcare company Amedisys Inc will pay $150 million to resolve allegations that it submitted false billings to Medicare, the U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday.
Louisiana-based Amedisys between 2008 and 2010 improperly billed for unnecessary services or misrepresented patients' conditions to boost payments, the department said.
(Reporting by Aruna Viswanatha. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap