Amedisys to pay $150 million for over billing Medicare
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Home healthcare company Amedisys Inc will pay $150 million to resolve allegations that it submitted false billings to Medicare, the U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday.
Louisiana-based Amedisys between 2008 and 2010 improperly billed for unnecessary services or misrepresented patients' conditions to boost payments, the department said.
(Reporting by Aruna Viswanatha. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California |
Major U.S. poultry firms are administering antibiotics to their flocks far more pervasively than regulators realize, posing a potential risk to human health. Full Article