Alstom says not informed of any potential takeover offer
PARIS, April 24
PARIS, April 24 (Reuters) - Alstom said on Thursday it was not informed of any potential public tender offer for its shares, after Bloomberg reported that General Electric was in talks to buy the French turbine and train maker for about $13 billion.
"In response to recent speculation in the economic press, Alstom is not informed of any potential public tender offer for the shares of the Company," the group said in a statement.
"The Group constantly reviews the strategic options of its businesses," Alstom said, adding it would use give an update on the prospects of its activities on May 7, when it releases its annual results.
(Reporting by Natalie Huet; Editing by Andrew Callus)
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |