Mexico's Banorte says 1st-qtr profit rises 16 pct
MEXICO CITY, April 24
MEXICO CITY, April 24 (Reuters) - Mexico's fourth-largest bank by assets, Grupo Financiero Banorte, on Thursday said its first-quarter profit rose 16 percent as it added bank accounts and made more loans.
The bank's quarterly profit rose to 3.628 billion pesos ($278 million) in the January-March period.
Banorte said its loan book grew 6 percent from a year earlier.
The bank did not immediately give year-earlier figures.
($1 = 13.06 pesos at end March) (Reporting by Elinor Comlay)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |