Mexico's Banorte says 1st-qtr profit rises 16 pct
MEXICO CITY, April 24
MEXICO CITY, April 24 (Reuters) - Mexico's fourth-largest bank by assets, Grupo Financiero Banorte, on Thursday said its first-quarter profit rose 16 percent as it added bank accounts and made more loans.
The bank's quarterly profit rose to 3.628 billion pesos ($278 million) in the January-March period.
Banorte said its loan book grew 6 percent from a year earlier.
The bank did not immediately give year-earlier figures.
($1 = 13.06 pesos at end March) (Reporting by Elinor Comlay)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap