Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack: U.S. embassy
KABUL (Reuters) - Three Americans were killed on Thursday when a security guard opened fire at an international hospital in the Afghan capital Kabul, the U.S. embassy said, in the latest of a series of attacks against foreign civilians in the country.
"We can confirm three Americans were killed," said an embassy official, without providing further details. An interior ministry official said at least one other person, a female nurse, was wounded.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement