Alstom board could decide on GE offer Sunday -report
PARIS, April 25
PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - The board of French engineering group Alstom will meet on Sunday to discuss a possible sale of its global power division to U.S. industrial products giant General Electric, French daily Le Figaro said on its website.
"The project is so advanced that an Alstom board meeting, called for late on Sunday, could accept it," Le Figaro said without citing sources.
The paper also said that GE Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt was set to meet with French President Francois Hollande in Paris on Sunday ahead of the Alstom board meeting.
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter