US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower on Amazon, Ford results
NEW YORK, April 25
NEW YORK, April 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Friday as a number of bellwether names, including Amazon and Ford, fell following their quarterly results, overshadowing positive numbers from Microsoft.
Amazon shares fell 7.5 percent to $310.80, while Ford was off 3.1 percent at $15.82. Microsoft, a Dow component, rose 1.1 percent to $40.29.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 53.49 points, or 0.32 percent, at 16,448.16. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 4.91 points, or 0.26 percent, at 1,873.70. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 28.07 points, or 0.68 percent, at 4,120.27. (Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Peter Galloway)
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |