UK's Marshall Wace purchases US investment firm Eaglewood Capital
LONDON, April 25
LONDON, April 25 (Reuters) - British alternative asset manager Marshall Wace is to buy a controlling stake in US investment firm Eaglewood Capital Management, the two companies said on Friday, as they aim to increase their presence in peer-to-peer and online lending.
The new asset management group MW Eaglewood will have its own management and be run independently from Marshall Wace, the companies said, giving no details of the sums involved. The firms also plan to list a peer-to-peer investment trust on the London Stock Exchange, subject to regulatory approval.
(Reporting by Freya Berry; editing by Clare Hutchison)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl