Ukraine, Slovakia, EU to talk on gas flows in Kiev on Friday
KIEV, April 25
KIEV, April 25 (Reuters) - Ukraine, Slovakia and representatives of the European Union will continue talks on reverse gas flows on Friday in Kiev, a spokeswoman for Ukrainian energy ministry said.
Ukrainian and Slovak ministers met European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger on Thursday in Bratislava as Ukraine is trying to start gas shipments from the EU in a bid to reduce its dependence on Russian gas.
Ministers said that Ukraine could sign a deal on Monday allowing the shipment of up to 10 billion cubic metres (bcm) of gas a year from Slovakia.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Editing by Alastair Macdonald)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |