France's Fabius says Russia sanctions still under discussion
TUNIS (Reuters) - French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Friday that further European sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis were still under discussion, but any measures taken should be aimed at lowering tensions.
"We are still discussing these types of sanctions against Russia. We are at level two of sanctions now. The sanctions taken must lower escalation and tensions in the region," Fabius told reporters during a visit to Tunisia.
He was joined in Tunis by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier who said: "Time is running out to put a stop to this madness in Ukraine".
(Reporting by Tarek Amara in Tunisia; Writing by Patrick Markey; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- Western leaders step away from nuclear talks with Iran as deadline nears
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine