Quake measuring 6.5 magnitude strikes off Tonga-USGS
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 6.5 magnitude struck off the northeast coast of Tonga in the South Pacific on Saturday, said the U.S. Geological Survey.
The undersea quake was 10 kms (6 miles) deep, and about 75 kms (46 miles) northeast of Tonga. There was no immediate tsunami warning.
(Reporting by Michael Perry)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’