Quake measuring 6.5 magnitude strikes off Tonga-USGS
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 6.5 magnitude struck off the northeast coast of Tonga in the South Pacific on Saturday, said the U.S. Geological Survey.
The undersea quake was 10 kms (6 miles) deep, and about 75 kms (46 miles) northeast of Tonga. There was no immediate tsunami warning.
(Reporting by Michael Perry)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says Israel killed three top Gaza commanders |