Quake measuring 6.5 magnitude strikes off Tonga-USGS
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 6.5 magnitude struck off the northeast coast of Tonga in the South Pacific on Saturday, said the U.S. Geological Survey.
The undersea quake was 10 kms (6 miles) deep, and about 75 kms (46 miles) northeast of Tonga. There was no immediate tsunami warning.
(Reporting by Michael Perry)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |