Pfizer confirms desire to buy AstraZeneca
LONDON, April 28
LONDON, April 28 (Reuters) - U.S. drugmaker Pfizer confirmed on Monday it made a bid approach to AstraZeneca in January and had contacted its British rival again on April 26 seeking to renew discussions about a takeover.
A Pfizer bid for AstraZeneca would be one of the largest ever pharmaceuticals deals. The renewed approach comes amid a wave of M&A in the sector.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. National Security Council aware of reports that second American killed in Syria