Athersys stem-cell therapy for bowel disease fails in study
April 28 (Reuters) - Athersys Inc said its experimental stem-cell therapy for treating an inflammatory bowel disease failed to show any benefit in patients in a mid-stage trial.
The trial, conducted by Athersys's partner Pfizer Inc , did not show a statistically significant reduction in the severity of the disease and rectal bleeding as compared to placebo. (Reporting by Esha Dey in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |