Forest Labs to buy Furiex Pharma for up to $1.46 bln
April 28 (Reuters) - Forest Laboratories Inc said it would buy Furiex Pharmaceuticals Inc for up to $1.46 billion including milestone payments to access Furiex's treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
Forest will pay about $95 per share in cash to Furiex shareholders and up to $30 per share in a contingent value right, payable on marketing approval for Furiex's lead drug, eluxadoline.
Forest, which itself is being acquired by Actavis Plc , said Actavis supported the deal announced on Monday.
Forest said it would sell Furiex's royalties on diabetes drug alogliptin and premature ejaculation treatment Priligy to New York-based Royalty Pharma for about $415 million upon successful completion of its acquisition of Furiex. (Reporting by Esha Dey in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |