General Dynamics gets $17.6 bln submarine contract from US Navy
April 28 (Reuters) - General Dynamics Corp, the maker of Gulfstream jets, tanks and naval ships, said its unit had received a contract worth $17.6 billion from the U.S. Navy for the construction of ten submarines.
The construction of the first submarine will begin on May 1 and the delivery of the 10th submarine is scheduled for 2023, General Dynamics said in a statement. (Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM