Hypermarcas says has top drug market share in Brazil
SAO PAULO, April 28
SAO PAULO, April 28 (Reuters) - Hypermarcas, the Brazilian disposable goods and drug maker, was tops in Brazil's pharmaceutical market in March and plans to expand its lead over rivals, executives said on a Monday conference call to discuss earnings.
Hypermarcas aims to grow "a few percentage points" greater than the average 10 percent to 11 percent growth it has estimated for the markets in which it competes, said Chief Executive Officer Claudio Bergamo.
First-quarter profit fell 12 percent from a year earlier, Hypermarcas reported late Friday, as bond buybacks and more currency hedging more than doubled financial expenses. (Reporting by Brad Haynes and Marcela Ayres; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels