JGBs firmer as Ukraine worries hit Nikkei
TOKYO, April 28 (IFR) - Japanese government prices rebounded on Monday as Japanese shares prices fell on worries about a possible escalation in tension in Ukraine.
The 10-year JGB futures rose 0.11 point to 144.97, erasing losses on Friday. The current 10-year cash JGB yield ticked down 0.5 basis point to 0.615 percent.
But the longer end of the curve fared worse, with the 30-year yield rising 0.5 basis point to 1.700 percent .
The Nikkei fell 1 percent on Monday, weighed down by a drop on Wall Street and tensions in the Ukraine.
Trade was thin ahead of a Japanese market holiday on Tuesday and a raft of major events later in the week, including policy meetings by the Bank of Japan and the U.S. Federal Reserve plus a U.S. employment report. (Reporting by Masatsugu Hisatsune; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |