Newmont terminates merger talks with Barrick
TORONTO, April 28
TORONTO, April 28 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp has terminated merger talks with Barrick Gold Corp , Barrick said on Monday.
In a brief statement, Barrick said that although it believes that a merger of the two gold miners would have been in the best interests of shareholders, Newmont's board has determined that the interests of Newmont's shareholders are best served by remaining independent.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on