Nigeria's Skye Bank says Q1 profit down 25.5 pct
LAGOS, April 28
LAGOS, April 28 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Skye Bank said on Monday its first-quarter pretax profit fell to 3.45 billion naira ($21.5 million), down 25.5 percent from 4.63 billion naira in the same period of last year.
Gross earnings at the mid-tier lender also dropped to 34.33 billion naira during the three-month period, against 34.69 billion a year earlier, it said in a filing with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
($1 = 160.84 naira) (Reporting by Chijioke Ohuocha; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients