STXNEWS LATAM-Tarpon offers $63 mln to buy out Cremer shareholders
Funds managed by buyout firm Tarpon Investimentos SA offered shareholders of Cremer SA 17 reais for each outstanding share of the Brazilian medical supplies maker, according to a market filing published on Monday.
Arapaima Participações, which is held entirely by Tarpon-managed funds, currently holds 71.8 percent of Cremer and offered to pay about 140 million reais ($63 million).
Cremer shares rose 2 percent in early trading on Monday to 16.4 reais per share. ($1 = 2.23 Brazilian reais)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine