CIT profit falls 33 pct on lower interest income, fees
April 29 (Reuters) - CIT Group Inc reported a 33 percent fall in quarterly profit as the small-business lender earned lower interest and fees on loans.
The lender's net income fell to $109.1 million, or 55 cents per share, for the first quarter ended March 31, from $162.6 million, or 81 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total interest income fell about 9.4 percent to $323.3 million. (Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter