Coach N. American comparable sales tumble 21 percent
April 29 (Reuters) - Coach Inc reported a sharp drop in North American sales on Tuesday as the upscale leather goods maker continued to lose ground to fast-growing rivals.
Overall revenue fell 7.4 percent to $1.1 billion in the third quarter ended March 29. Sales at North American stores open at least a year fell 21 percent.
Quarterly net income fell to $190.7 million, or 68 cents per share, from $238.9 million, or 84 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn