Consol Energy posts quarterly profit as gas sales rise
April 29 (Reuters) - Consol Energy Inc reported a first-quarter profit, compared with a loss in the year-earlier quarter, as sales of natural gas and liquids rose.
Net income was $116 million, or 50 cents per share in the quarter ended March 31, compared with a net loss of $1.8 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $969.2 million. (Reporting By Kanika Sikka and Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years