Manufacturer Eaton posts Q1 profit ahead of street view
April 29 (Reuters) - Eaton Corp, the diversified maker of electrical and hydraulic systems, posted a 16 percent rise in first-quarter net income on Tuesday, despite a negative impact from rough winter weather in North America.
The company backed its full-year profit forecast but projected second quarter earnings that appeared to be lower than Wall Street's estimate.
First-quarter net income rose to $439 million, or 92 cents per share, from $378 million, or 79 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding one-time items, earnings of $1.01 per share topped the average analyst estimate by a penny, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown