EU exec clears acquisition of MetLife Assurance by Rothesay Life
BRUSSELS, April 29
BRUSSELS, April 29 (Reuters) - The European Commission, the European Union's competition watchdog, approved on Tuesday the acquisition of Britain's MetLife Assurance Limited by another British firm Rothesay Life Limited.
"The Commission concluded that the transaction would not raise any competition concerns, in particular because the merged entity will continue to face strong competition after the merger," the Commission said in a statement.
Rothesay is an insurance company headquartered in London and jointly controlled by Blackstone Group L.P. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. MetLife Assurance Limited is also an insurance company currently owned by the US based company MetLife European Holdings LLC. (Reporting By Jan Strupczewski)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |