Mortgage insurer Genworth Financial profit rises 79 pct
April 29 (Reuters) - Genworth Financial Inc reported a 79 percent rise in quarterly profit helped by higher income from its global mortgage insurance and U.S. life insurance businesses.
Net income rose to $184 million, or 37 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, from $103 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net operating income from the global mortgage insurance business rose about 29.5 percent to $132 million, while income from the U.S. life insurance businesses rose 10.6 percent to $94 million. (Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling