Brazil retailer GPA posts 23 percent rise in quarterly profit
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - Brazil's biggest retailer, GPA, posted a 23 percent rise in first-quarter net income from a year earlier to 338 million reais ($152 million), according to a Tuesday filing.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 22 percent to 1.05 billion reais.
($1 = 2.23 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped