Brazil retailer GPA posts 23 percent rise in quarterly profit
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - Brazil's biggest retailer, GPA, posted a 23 percent rise in first-quarter net income from a year earlier to 338 million reais ($152 million), according to a Tuesday filing.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 22 percent to 1.05 billion reais.
($1 = 2.23 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year