Chemical maker Huntsman reports first-quarter profit
April 29 (Reuters) - U.S chemical maker Huntsman Corp reported a first-quarter profit, compared with a year-ago loss, helped by higher sales for chemicals used in foam insulation, agriculture, energy and additives.
The company reported net income of $54 million, or 22 cents per share, in the quarter ended March 31, compared with a loss of $24 million, or 10 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 2 percent to $2.75 billion. (Reporting By Tanvi Mehta and Shubhankar Chakravorty in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers |
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default