ICBC Q1 profit rises 6.6 pct, beats estimates
SHANGHAI, April 29
SHANGHAI, April 29 (Reuters) - Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (ICBC) , the country's largest listed bank, said on Tuesday that net first-quarter profits rose 6.6 percent, beating estimates.
Net profit rose to 73.3 billion yuan ($11.72 billion) in the first quarter from 68.7 billion yuan in the same year-ago period, the bank said in its unaudited financial statement.
That compares with an average estimate of 71.52 billion yuan calculated from a Thomson Reuters poll of 11 analysts. ($1 = 6.2530 Chinese Yuan) (Reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |