Kenya Re reports 11 pct rise in pretax profit
NAIROBI, April 29
NAIROBI, April 29 (Reuters) - Kenya Reinsurance Corp reported an 11 percent rise in pretax profit for 2013 at 3.27 billion shillings ($38 million) as it expanded its business in Kenya and other African markets, it said in a statement published in newspapers on Tuesday.
Kenya Re restated pretax profit for 2012 as 2.94 billion shillings.
Gross written premiums climbed to 9.65 billion shillings in 2013, from 7.94 billion a year earlier.
($1 = 86.8500 Kenyan Shillings) (Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'