Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
April 29 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Germany's Siemens is due to present its offer for a possible deal with French peer Alstom on Tuesday, according to a source familiar with the matter.
* Allergan Inc, facing an unsolicited bid from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc, is preparing to approach Shire Plc about a potential takeover, even though the Irish drugmaker rebuffed a previous overture, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* China's top refiner Sinopec Corp is scaling back billions of dollars in petrochemical investments in the face of growing U.S. competition in the sector and rising local opposition to oil and gas plants over environmental concerns.
* American Realty Capital Properties Inc, a real estate investment trust, is in talks to buy NorthStar Realty Finance Corp in deal that could value the company at about $6.4 billion, the Financial Times reported.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on (Compiled by Tasim Zahid in Bangalore)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |