Mexico's America Movil 1st-qtr profit nearly halves
MEXICO CITY, April 29
MEXICO CITY, April 29 (Reuters) - Latin America's biggest phone company America Movil on Tuesday said its first-quarter profit almost halved.
The company, controlled by billionaire businessman Carlos Slim, said profit in the January-March period fell by 48.3 percent to 13.887 billion pesos ($1.06 billion) from 26.87 billion pesos a year earlier.
($1 = 13.06 pesos at end March) (Reporting by Christine Murray)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement