Monte Paschi has paid back 5 bln euros of ECB funds so far-source
SIENA, Italy, April 29
SIENA, Italy, April 29 (Reuters) - Italy's third biggest lender Monte dei Paschi di Siena has so far paid back 5 billion euros ($6.92 billion) of cheap funds it borrowed from the European Central Bank, a source close to the bank told Reuters on Tuesday.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’