Riverbed revenue rises as telecom carriers spend to beef up networks
April 29 (Reuters) - Network equipment maker Riverbed Technology Inc reported an 8 percent rise in quarterly revenue as U.S. telecom carriers spent more to expand and strengthen their networks.
Riverbed reported net income of $3.3 million, or 2 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, compared with a net loss of $8.1 million, or 5 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $265.4 million in the quarter from $246.1 million. (Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist