Riverbed revenue rises as telecom carriers spend to beef up networks
April 29 (Reuters) - Network equipment maker Riverbed Technology Inc reported an 8 percent rise in quarterly revenue as U.S. telecom carriers spent more to expand and strengthen their networks.
Riverbed reported net income of $3.3 million, or 2 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, compared with a net loss of $8.1 million, or 5 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $265.4 million in the quarter from $246.1 million. (Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA