Santander Brasil slightly beats profit forecast in first quarter
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - Banco Santander Brasil SA posted on Tuesday recurring net income of 1.427 billion reais ($637 million) in the first quarter, slightly above analyst estimates.
Recurring profit, or a measure of net income excluding one-time items, was expected at 1.404 billion reais in the quarter, according to a Reuters poll with five analysts.
Santander Brasil's loan delinquencies, as measured by the 90-day default ratio, rose to 3.8 percent of outstanding loans in the first quarter, in line with the poll estimates.
($1 = 2.24 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Guillermo Parra-Bernal)
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home