Ukraine Q1 GDP down 1 pct y/y -economy ministry
KIEV, April 29
KIEV, April 29 (Reuters) - Ukraine's gross domestic product contracted an estimated 1 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period last year, a senior Economy Ministry official said on Tuesday.
"The first quarter result is better than we expected," Deputy Economy Minister Anatoliy Maksyuta told a briefing. "...It will be roughly minus 1 percent, according to our estimates."
A Reuters poll had forecast a 2.8 percent GDP decline in the first quarter, compared with a 1.2 percent contraction during the same period a year ago. (Reporting By Natalia Zinets, Writing by Alexei Anishchuk, Editing by Nigel Stephenson)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- Solid data, earnings push world stocks higher