Goodyear posts quarterly loss
(Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (GT.O) reported a quarterly loss compared with a profit a year earlier as it booked a one-time charge related to a drop in the value of the Venezuelan bolivar.
The net loss available to shareholders was $58 million, or 23 cents per share, for the first quarter ended March 31, compared with net income of $26 million, or 10 cents per share, a year ago.
Goodyear said it recorded a $132 million after-tax foreign exchange charge in Venezuela in the quarter.
Revenue fell 8 percent to $4.5 billion.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case