Bahrain's Batelco Q1 net profit rises 8 pct
DUBAI, April 30
DUBAI, April 30 (Reuters) - Bahrain Telecommunications Co (Batelco) posted an 8 percent rise in first-quarter profit on Wednesday.
The former monopoly, which had reported declining profits in 16 of the previous 18 quarters and went nearly a year without a permanent chief executive, made a net profit of 14.5 million dinars ($38.46 million) in the three months to March 31, up from 13.4 million dinars in the year-earlier period.
One analyst polled by Reuters forecast Batelco's quarterly profit would be 12.4 million dinars. ($1 = 0.3770 Bahraini Dinars) (Reporting by Matt Smith; Editing by Olzhas Auyezov)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident