Barrick posts steep fall in profit on weak gold prices, lower output
April 30 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp , the world's largest gold miner, reported a 90 percent fall in quarterly earnings, hurt by lower gold prices and production.
Net earnings attributable to shareholders fell to $88 million, or 8 cents per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, from $847 million, or 85 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell about 23 percent to $2.63 billion. (Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |