Actor Bob Hoskins dead at age 71 - publicist
LONDON, April 30
LONDON, April 30 (Reuters) - British actor Bob Hoskins, who rose to fame for his performance in the film "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and dozens of others, has died after a bout of pneumonia at the age of 71, his publicist said on Wednesday.
A statement issued on behalf of his wife Linda and his children said: "We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Bob. Bob died peacefully at hospital last night surrounded by family, following a bout of pneumonia.
"We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support." (Reporting by Michael Roddy; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters