HP, Foxconn launch cloud server joint venture
April 30 (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co and Taiwanese contract electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group launched a joint venture to make servers aimed at companies which provide cloud computing services.
The new cloud-optimized servers will help service providers to cut costs, the companies said in a statement.
Foxconn is the parent company for Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, the world's largest electronics contract manufacturer. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials