JDS Uniphase's quarterly results, forecast below estimates
April 30 (Reuters) - JDS Uniphase Corp, a maker of communication testing and networking equipment, posted weaker-than-expected quarterly results due to a delay in orders, and it forecast current-quarter results below analysts' estimates.
JDS Uniphase forecast adjusted profit of 10-14 cents per share and revenue of $425 million to $445 million for the fourth quarter ending June 28.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 17 cents per share on revenue of $459 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
JDS Uniphase's net loss narrowed to $1.5 million, or 1 cent per share, in the quarter ended March 29 from $28 million, or 12 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 10 cents per share.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $418 million.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 11 cents per share on revenue of $431.7 million. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement