Jean Coutu profit rises on higher generic drug sales
April 30 (Reuters) - Canadian pharmacy chain Jean Coutu Group Inc reported an 8 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit, helped by higher sales at its Pro Doc generic drug outlets.
Total sales rose marginally to C$685.4 million ($625 million) in the fourth quarter ended March 31.
Net profit rose to C$57.7 million, or 30 Canadian cents per share, from C$53.5 million, or 25 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier. ($1 = 1.0966 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting By Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief