Lithuania's Lietuvos Energija seeks go ahead to buy stake in Lietuvos Dujos
STOCKHOLM, April 30
STOCKHOLM, April 30 (Reuters) - Lithuanian state-owned energy group Lietuvos Energija said on Wednesday it had asked the country's competition authority for the go-ahead to buy a 38.9 percent stake in gas distributor Lietuvos Dujos from E.On Ruhrgas.
"We were told by the government, our shareholder, to apply for permission from the competition authority," a spokesman for Lietuvos Energija told Reuters.
The Lithuanian government is negotiating the purchase of E.On Ruhrgas' holdings in Lietuvos Dujos, gas grid operator Amber Grid and electricity trading firm Lesto.
(Reporting by Andrius Sytas; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic