Statoil makes small oil and gas find in North Sea
OSLO, April 30
OSLO, April 30 (Reuters) - Norwegian oil and gas firm Statoil made a small oil and gas discovery near the Fram field in the North Sea, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate said on Wednesday.
The preliminary size of the discovery has been estimated at between 6 and 19 million barrels of recoverable oil equivalents, the NPD added.
Statoil holds 45 percent of the licence while other shareholders include Exxon Mobil (25 pct), Idemitsu Petroleum (15 pct) and GDF Suez (15 pct) (Reporting by Balazs Koranyi, editing by Terje Solsvik)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- Officials make preparations for Ferguson grand jury decision |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse: sources
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight