Exelon Corp to buy Pepco Holdings for $6.83 bln
April 30 (Reuters) - Nuclear power producer Exelon Corp said it would buy Pepco Holdings Inc for $6.83 billion to create the biggest Mid-Atlantic electric and gas utility.
The $27.25 per share offer represents a near 20 percent premium to Pepco Holdings' Tuesday close of $22.79 on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM