Trinity Industries says pending regulations delaying tank-car orders
NEW YORK, April 30
NEW YORK, April 30 (Reuters) - Rail-car maker Trinity Industries Inc on Wednesday said orders have slowed in recent quarters for train tank cars that carry flammable products like oil because of uncertainties related to rules on tank car specification.
A Trinity executive said customers are still interested in placing orders but "are assessing potential impacts of pending regulatory changes."
The company expects this to be a temporary delay. Demand will rebound once rules are finalized shortly after September 30, the executive said.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |